In celebration of Singapore’s 56th National Day, we were curious what brings out the pride and patriotism in Singaporeans.
What brings out your national pride?
We posed this question to our ApiaryBuzz members and here’s the results:
It appears that being a safe environment ranks quite highly among our panelists. Just behind good infrastructure for water, transport and other public services.
Other than that, local cuisine, racial and cultural inclusivity, and Singlish were top answers amongst our panelists.
We posed the question, “is patriotism amongst Singaporeans increasing or decreasing?”
Some key answers as to why:
- Singaporeans find pride in coming together to overcome difficulties.
- Political and economic stability.
- World class reputation.
- Safer as compared to other countries.
Pride and Future
When asked if Singaporeans should be proud of our young country, 93% said yes. 72% of our panelists also answered yes when asked if they like where Singapore’s future is heading. 80% answered that there has been recent events, individuals and achievements that Singaporeans can be proud of in recent years.
Some key events our panelists answered were:
- Joseph Schooling winning the gold medal at the 2016 Olympics.
- Local movies and TV shows on Netflix
- World class education and safe living environment
Connect with us
Do you agree? Share your thoughts with us on our social media.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/apiarybuzzsg
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/apiarybuzzsg
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/apiarybuzzsg/
Join our panelists at ApiaryBuzz to share your opinions!
Earn points for your thoughts and redeem rewards.
Go to www.apiarybuzz.com/register to sign up now.